Monday, November 14, 2005

so what happened?

earlier this year I put up a set of 'New year resolutions' and wondered if I would hold to any of them. Well since we are but a few weeks short of putting another set up for your perusal here are the results:


get the boat sorted out and on the water by Easter [do-able]
and done! boat went into the water early june, but was'nt used a great deal. Still on the water where it will remain over the winter. I'll get more use out of it next summer.
get the catamaran sorted and usable by the summer [no probs]
Nothing done, apart from getting the rear beam re-welded. But it's only going to take a weekend to sort, so no biggie
start and finish the bathroom [top of the list by far and probably the last thing that gets done]
and true to form, nothing has been done, at all
shoulders sorted and working again [lap of the gods, I'm afraid]
pretty good I reckon, only need to get some practice in and sort out my fitness [see below]
go surfing a lot more [see above]
got a lot in, especially small stuff in august. getting too cold for my old bones now though
build that fish paipo [just give me the bits and a clear weekend]
total failure on this I'm afraid, but I brought a fish surfboard back from the US, and have got a great design to copy from there. not dead yet
order one of Dales surfmats [very likely to happen]
got it! used it! stoked with it! well sort of, still on the learning curve.
eat less, get fit [yeah, right]
I lost weight whilst I was in California, but lost a bit of fitness, not that I was very fit to start with.
go to California this autumn [also very likely]
See above, and sundry other posts over the next week or so
get intimate with Wenda [highly unlikely :( ]
yeah right! no change there then.


So as ever the case in my life, the non important, hedonistic type things get done, whilst the really important things like the bathroom and my job taken a seat that is not so much back, as not there at all.

But the bathroom will get done this winter. honest. Even I'm starting to get hacked off with it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home