Monday, July 19, 2004

what's up doc?

Monday, at work, feeling a little perplexed. Why? well I've had this problem with my shoulders for a few months. jeez who am I kidding, Ive had this problem since last January and apart from a large dose of hydrocortisone injected into each shoulder joint to try and alleviate the pain, the situation has yet to resolve itself. I'm doing chiropracty once a week and the excersises and I'm unsure as to whether it is actually doing any good. To be honest I think having wild sex with Juliet is achieving more, but I digress.

So when I got a letter the other week telling me that I'd won the lottery, for a scan, rather than the monetary one, I dont even do that. [which is silly realy because, like most others, I fantasise about what I would do if I won the lottery] Anyway, back to the point... I noticed that it was for a pelvic/renal scan, rather than my shoulders. I checked, and it was. So I turned up, stripped off, got scanned and was informed that i had the begining of gall-stones, which kinda surprised me, since a] I had no pain/problems in that area, b] I really, really wanted my &^%$£ shoulders seeing to please!!

So here I am, no further along with sorting out the pain that my shoulders are endengering but at least I now know that, in time another bout of excruciating pain is heading my way unless I can sort it.

Juliet has decided that acupuncture would help block the pain receptors and get me going again. I'm still waiting for NHS physio to tell me I can start. Personally, I am at the point where sacrificing my first born to the mad god of the underworld is starting to look like a desirable option except that you can never be sure that mad gods of the underworld will keep their side of the bargain, and I dont have a first born anyway.

Off to J's this pm to do things that lovers do - helping her put up some shelves, walk the dogs, cut the grass, and if we still have time maybe a little wild monkey sex.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home