Friday, April 07, 2006

MEGA MAJOR CLEAR OUT of STUFF

Stuff, loads of it. I collect it

I had been aware of it for some time and I had to do something about it. What I did was rent another garage to store more stuff.

Now as I may have intimated earlier I have a lot of stuff, acquired over the years and usually for nowt. Stuff that might come in useful. Stuff that has filled my house and one garage to the proverbial rafters.

So when I got word that the tin garage in which I stored 90% of this surplus was to be demolished to make room for much needed starter homes, I made sure I had somewhere to store the stuff I really wanted to keep. This was in August 2005. I moved some stuff over in dribs and drabs and then, just before Christmas I got the notice to quit. It was’nt all bad, I had until the end of March so I simply moved the moving up a notch. Loads of stuff went to the skip, new owners and the other garage etc.

But some stuff was going for sale, like the rayburn range, the antique dealers roofrack and the 1898 mortising machine. I was’nt going to use them, but I sure as hell was’nt going to consign them to a scrap heap either. They were also big, heavy and awkward so I was’nt going to move them to the new place, just to have to move them again.

January February and March came and went and everything else was chucked, moved and otherwise disposed of, but the ‘big 3’ did’nt go. Now we are into april and essentially I am squatting, but hope is on the horizon. The local recycling / refurbishment group have agreed to take the rayburn and I’m hoping they’ll move the rest too.

So here’s hoping that I can report shortly that I have managed to reduce my personal mound of stuff to something approaching manageable size. I tell you it will be a major relief.

Then all I have to do is start on the next lot! .........................................

Well they came and took the Rayburn and some of the old furniture, but not the mortiser or the doors. So it’s a trip to the waste collection point for me, tomorrow most probably.

Is’nt life exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home