Friday, February 11, 2005

annoyed about this Blog

I'm annoyed about this blog, mainly because I appear to have lost all my archives pre-July 2004, and try as I might I can't get them back on the front page. Neither can I put a link up to my favourite other places, because a] it wont let me in an easy way, b] because a knowledge of Html is required and I am firmly in the 'plain language' sector of the population.

All I want is a button, somewhere in the editing features of this site, saying 'links- press to put on your front page......... but can I find one, no.

This is not to say that there is'nt one somewhere, but I'm buggered if I can find it. If there's anyone out there who knows, please drop us a line, There would'nt be a 'Blogs for dummies' book by any chance?

.

3 Comments:

Blogger SingleFin said...

Hey swrd, ya reet? You can put in a 'Blogroll' which does involve a bit of htmling, but is very simple. then, to add a link to a page you just, whilst on that page, click "blogroll this" and voila!

http://www.blogrolling.com/

that's it, there!

11:04 am  
Blogger the lost coast said...

thanx Tom

4:19 pm  
Blogger Bob Driver said...

Swordie,

This is risky, but what the heck.
To get your old posts back go to the template tab and pick your template over again and republish your blog. It should put the code back in place.

Singlefin is right, blogrolling.com is a great link tool that is easy to use.

Surfers Rule! www.surfersrule.blogspot.com
Bob D.

4:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home