Sunday, September 05, 2004

my personality

The other night on the BeeB there was a programme on people's personalities. According to psychologists, there are 4 basic areas through which one can interpret one's personality: planner/spontaneous; facts/ideas; head/heart; exrovert/introvert.

Depending on how you score in the above you can be accurately pigeonholed into one of 16 'types', by asking various questions in various sections to gauge your response.

On screen the several guinea pigs all behaved as forecast and so one went to the end of the quiz in the expectation of a pretty accurate personality profile........

However as I read the questions I found several which I really could'nt decide between, since elements of both were correct. So on that basis in each section I chose the first of those iffy ones. My personality turned out to be 'Realist', but as I read the description I was'nt doing much identifying. Oh sure, elements were correct, but others [like 'hard-working' hehe ] were most assuredly not.

So I went back and checked the second of the iffy questions in each section instead. This time I came up as 'Councillor' and guess what.... yep, I could'nt see myself there either! Again there were major elements which I thought did reflect my personality, but bits where I thought 'no way!'.

But, and heres a thing, if I took the relevant [ie accurate]bits of the 'Realist' and some of the 'Councillor' then there I was, well pretty close anyway.

I noticed afterward that there was'nt a section for 'sociopath' or 'axe-murderer' or indeed 'saint' so one has to wonder as to how efficatious this actually was?

1 Comments:

Blogger SingleFin said...

That one had me as a "resolver" whatever that means...

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home