Thursday, September 23, 2004

Owww, owww, ouch, grumble, mutter

Had my fourth session with the physio today, and yet another infliction of pain of the acupuncture variety. It hurts. rather a lot. especially when Maggie [the physio] twiddles the needles to make an ever more efficient contact with the pain receptors in my nervous system.

Today I lay there, snoozing quietly with pins in my leg [2] arm [3] hands [2] shoulder [2] and neck [1]. It hurt, but was a dull sort of ache/itch which did'nt really bother me, because I knew it was doing me good.

Then she came back and twiddled them some more. I yelped, it hurt so much. So when you think about it, when it comes to extracting information from suspects using torture, all you need is a good acupuncturist to insert one of those fine needles - in just the right place - and then twiddle it a bit, and you'd be ready to rat on your gran. And then the needle is pulled out and the pain magically disappears and you feel quite relaxed and a little snoozy.

But, I have to say, what with the acu and the physio, my shoulders are improving albeit rather slowly. i've given myself until next easter to be back to what passes as full fitness for me. So it's off to the gym for some weight training also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home