Tuesday, October 19, 2004

No more acupuncture!

We decided that the acupuncture treatment had run it's course as I had no real pain from my arms/shoulders. This meant that the frozen shoulders had now entered the second phase of the condition, where the pain tends to fade away but you are left with a restricted movement. Phase 3 is where you start getting mobilty back - sometimes this does'nt happen, hence the need for lots of physio. Maggie has upped the sessions to every week. I think she wants me up-and-at-'em before she goes off on an extended trip to NZ next February.

I have no problem with that.

I still have'nt got to grips with extended stretching at home. Istead I have put stuff in places where I have to stretch, in order to reach. It works, sort of. Neither have I been to to do weight training as I should have. This is something I really must start on. It's just that the weights/fitness room is full of people who love, really love, their bodies.

Last time I was there, doing some light fitness stuff, there was a girl, a daughter of someone I work with, who was spending much of her time preening in the mirror. She was so full of herself it came as no surprise when I noticed she was driving a black golf gti with personalised number plates. If I was'nt sure about her before, it now became an active dislike, not made any better when she gave me a distainful look because I insisted on my right of way in town, and forced her to stop and let me through. I feel for any employer, lover or partner that takes her on.

Not that I have any downer on powerful single minded women... I dont [other than I dislike powerful,single-minded people.period.]I just dont like her better-than-thou manner, and her thinly hidden arrogance. It's not that she even has anything to be arrogant about, it's just her manner.

Oh well, tirade over.



2 Comments:

Blogger SingleFin said...

Does this mean you'll be able to get surfing a bit more? That would be a good thing to happen!

4:33 pm  
Blogger the lost coast said...

not until everything frees up again, so not until at leat next easter I reckon. With luck I'll be back in the water standup stylee by next summer.

4:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home